Wednesday, April 09, 2008

So in the mean time....

....another week passes here in Dubai, it's been 9 weeks now in total since I arrived here and two days after arriving I had my bike stolen. I have yet to overcome the rego problem, but I should know more in a few weeks but can't say any more than that, what I can say is that I have lost all faith in the Australian system. After exhausting every avenue that I could reach myself, phone calls and emails to Honda Australia and Department of Customs I came up with nothing. SO I took it one step higher, I approached my local member of parliament and shared with him my dilemma of not getting the new bike into Australia, the reaction I received was very positive, after of a week I got more disappointing news, Australian Customs stated to him that they will never make special consideration for my case, great!

Spirits have continued to be kept high from support and ideas from many people to overcome this hiccup with an answer currently in the pipeline, all I can say at this stage is time will tell. I have had a huge amount of help from Amy back in Oz and now here in Dubai, Amy flew in with the out look of joining back onto the trip but with one hurdle after another it's becoming harder enough to try getting me back on the road.

Although it's been along time here in Dubai, not once have I been bored and it will be tough to leave, arrhh the joys of fast food! We have been kept busy with working on the new bike, catching up with all the great people we have meet since been here, the hospitality has been second to non. Amy and I have been taken out riding on a few occasions in the desert aboard CRF 450, Honda's of course, nice to actually ride a bike not weighing in at a quarter of a tone.

Amy and I on the CRF 450 X in the UAE Desert.

Amy on a CRF 250.

Still I have to patient and at this stage should be making my way to Iran in 3-4 weeks aboard a bike, which one and how will unfold in time. The momentum of my journey has been stopped in its tracks, yes it will be hard to cross the water into Iran but I am sure it will only take a few days to get back into the swing of things, at least this extended lay over here in UAE has allowed the winter to well and truly pass in northern Iran and the Stan's, by time I get there it will be almost the start of summer, perfect, one might say everything does happen for a reason.